September 14 Meeting of HPCA Executive Committee
Our summer break officially ended on Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. Included on the agenda for the meeting were some of the following items:
- Playstructure Fundraising
- City of Ottawa Tree Planting Program
- Heron Park Herald
- Neighbourhood Watch
- Councillor Clive Doucet’s Report on City Council and activities in Capital Ward–Ward 17
In attendance were:
- President Kelly Thomas
- Secretary Eileen McGurrin
- Treasurer Rosella MacNeil
- Member-at-Large Connie Berry (Community Garden and Stream Watch)
- Member-at-Large Colin MacLean (Neighbourhood Watch and WNP)
- Member-at-Large Derek Gour (Website and Heron Park Herald)
- Donna Silver from Clive Doucet’s office
It was a meeting in which we dealt with many items of interest to the community. Be on the look-out for the minutes.
- Submissions to the Heron Park Herald must be made by the September 25 deadline. E-mail Derek Gour at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteers are needed for tree planting in Heron Park on Saturday, October 3. Meet in Heron Park at the Community Centre at 8:30 a.m.
- Next HPCA meeting on Monday, October 5, 7 p.m. at the Heron Park Community Centre.