Non-Renewable Community Project Funding applications now available
Non-profit community organizations in Ottawa are invited to submit applications for new projects that address Community Project Funding priorities. Eligible organizations can apply for two different streams of funding namely, One-Year Project Funding and Three-Year Project Funding.
Non-Renewable Community Project Funding is available for projects that:
- Increase neighbourhood capacity to enact positive and sustainable change in planning, service delivery, improve health and/or improve safety in accordance with neighbourhood-defined goals.
- Promote the healthy development of children and youth (0-18 years) and their development of competencies through recreation, leisure, cultural and arts activities.
- Increase participation of seniors in physical activities and community life to promote successful aging.
- Support inclusion of people who are low income, at risk, isolated or otherwise marginalized and promote quality of life for the full diversity of residents through activities such as literacy, employment, physical activity and/or participation in cultural programs.
- Promote conditions of equality on the basis of race, ethnicity, income, gender, official language and ability.
More information, including program guidelines and application form, is available at City of Ottawa Client Service Centres and online at ottawa.ca/communityfunding
Application deadline: Thursday, April 8, 2010.
Two information sessions are provided. The schedule is as follows:
Ben Franklin Place, 101 Centrepointe Dr.,
Richelieu-Vanier Community Centre,
If you require special needs accommodation for the information sessions, please contact Julie Tremblay at 613-580-2424, ext. 12513.
For more information on the 2010 Non-Renewable Community Project Funding Program, please contact Rahmat Shahidi at 613-580-2424, ext. 24251.